Are you aging faster than you would like due to telomere shortening?
Current research shows that telomere shortening contributes to cellular aging and susceptibility to metabolic disorders and chronic disease. According to scientific research, telomere shortening may contribute to aging and age-related conditions. Telomeres are segments of DNA found at the ends of chromosomes. They can be prematurely shortened when exposed to environmental chemicals, oxidation, inflammation, and stress. This leads to DNA damage and contributes to early cell death.
Knowing more about the status of telomere length may encourage those with prematurely shortened telemores to seriously consider making lifestyle changes that can positively impact their health. Lifestyle changes aimed at reducing inflammation may help aide in delaying telomere shortening.
Find out how your average telomere length compares to the normal reference range for your age-matched population.
- Complete Telomeres Test Kit
- Testing at the Official Telomeres Lab in Florida (Cell Science Systems)
- Results in Electronic (PDF) and Hard Copy* Format (*available only in the U.S.)
- Free Shipping
- Free Blood Draw* via mobile phlebotomy service (*available anywhere in the U.S. and Canada)
What's the Process?
- You order the Telomeres Test.
- Your kit is sent to you at your home via UPS or FedEx. It includes the following:
- Vials, tourniquet and alcohol swab, as applicable.
- Prepaid UPS or FedEx shipping pack with pickup service
- Requisition form
- Shipping collection and instructions
- Phlebotomy service team will contact you (usually within 2-3 business days after your order) to make an appointment with you to get your blood drawn.
- You send your kit to the Cell Science Systems lab in the prepaid UPS or FedEx mailer.
- Your DNA from your white blood cells is analyzed to determine the Telomere Value. Telomere length is determined by comparing the number of nucleotide repeats of the telomeres against a stable reference gene.
- You'll receive a detailed, yet user-friendly, lab report explaining your test results in depth.
Cell Science Systems, Corp. is a specialty clinical laboratory that develops and performs laboratory testing in immunology and cell biology supporting the personalized treatment and prevention of chronic disease. Cell Science Systems, Corp. operates a CLIA certified laboratory and is an FDA inspected and registered, cGMP medical device manufacturer meeting ISO EN13485 2012 standards. It has been the leader in food sensitivity testing and providing excellent service for health care providers and individuals for over 20 years. Your test will be performed in their FDA inspected lab. To date, the Alcat Test has helped over half a million people change their health.