Food reactions cause more health problems than you might think. Over 70% of the US population with a potential to cause, or further complicate existing health problems. Symptoms can range from fatigue to IBS to eczema, among many others. Most people are completely unaware of the burdens they tolerate due to these sensitivities. Frequently, food sensitivities are the missing link in spotting causes of illness often overlooked.
Mediator Release Testing, MRT®, is the most advanced and reliable functional measurement of immunological pathways activated by food and food chemicals in the diet.
Not only does MRT® give insight into inflammation provoking foods and food-chemicals, but more importantly MRT® identifies your BEST foods – the foods that form the basis of Oxford's LEAP Eating Plan.
Simply put, MRT® gives you information you can’t get any other way, and that information directly translates into targeted therapy and diet changes that matter.
With our state of the art tests you can:
- Discover all of your hidden vulnerabilities
- Quantify the inflammatory response to food & food-chemicals
- Get information no other blood test can!
- Know exactly what the BEST foods are for you - knowledge is power
- Cover the widest range of inflammatory pathways
- Watch your health transform immediately
Find your hidden sensitivities and start seeing results immediately. For the latest MRT Profile Components click here.
- Complete Mediator Release Test (MRT®) Kit
- Testing at the Official Oxford Biomedical Technologies Lab in Florida - for the latest MRT Test Profiles click here
- Test Results in Electronic (PDF) and Hard Copy* Format (*available only in the U.S.)
- Free Personalized LEAP Meal Plan (part of Test Results)
- Free Shipping
Click here to view a Sample Test Result.
What's the Process?
- You order the Mediator Release Test (MRT®).
- Your kit is sent to you at your home via FedEx. It includes the following:
- Vials and labels, as applicable.
- Prepaid FedEx priority overnight shipping pack with pickup service
- Requisition form
- Specimen collection and shipping instructions - click here for further details
Make an appointment to get your blood drawn. Find the most convenient option for blood draw services on Oxford’s website at https://nowleap.com/draw-locator/ or call them directly for assistance at 1-888-669-5327.
IMPORTANT: Call FedEx at 1-800-GO-FEDEX to find out about pickup cut-off times before making an appointment. Samples must be returned to the lab the same day and received by the lab the next day (hence priority overnight shipping). Oxford suggests getting the blood draw done AFTER 12 noon local time and then ship immediately. Canadian clients must arrange return shipping. Return shipping for U.S. clients is prepaid.
Make sure you bring the complete kit including return shipping pack with you to the blood draw appointment.
You do not need to fast prior to this blood draw. It is a good idea to be well hydrated prior to the blood draw.
- You (or often the blood draw service provider will do it for you) send your kit to the Oxford lab in the prepaid FedEx mailer.
- Your white blood cells are tested against the food or substances identified in the test you purchased to assess immune response.
- You'll receive a detailed, yet user-friendly, lab report explaining your test results and a personalized LEAP rotation meal plan based on your results. Turnaround time is usually within 5-7 business days once the lab received the samples.
Click here to view a Sample Test Result.
Oxford Biomedical Technologies, Inc. is a Federally and State of Florida licensed medical reference laboratory. Since the introduction of the patented Mediator Release Test (MRT®) and proprietary LEAP anti-inflammatory eating plans, Oxford has performed over 4.5 million food sensitivity tests, helping improve the lives of tens of thousands of IBS, migraine, fibromyalgia, and other patients suffering the negative effects of food sensitivities. Oxford is a true leader and pioneer in the field of food sensitivity technology development, food sensitivity testing, therapeutic protocols, and practitioner training.
Lynda G. (verified owner) –
Verified review - view original
Kit instructions were easy to follow, and test results were prompt and thorough.