Whether the pressure comes from peers, teachers, parents or themselves, examination stress can be all consuming for some young people.
Most of the time children are resilient, adaptable and pretty laid back about life changes and being put on the spot, but some have a shadow hanging over them as exams creep up. Some get scared, panic and start doubting themselves - and they may try all sorts of strategies to withdraw and make excuses as to why it might be best not to continue.
As we become stressed, the psychological and physiological effects swamp our bodies and minds with emotions and feelings that are uncomfortable, unless we know how to manage them.
When a child experiences stress, the endocrine system releases hormones from the pituitary gland that stimulates the adrenals to activate adrenaline and cortisol. As this causes high blood pressure and increased blood sugar levels, we experience feelings of anxiety, shortness of breath and we may appear fearful or excited.
All this puts the body into the sympathetic fight-or-flight mode.
In the short term, this stress can be manageable and can actually be productive - improving or enhancing performance. However, over prolonged periods of time - such as during the run up to, and the week of, multiple examinations - the body is not able to return to the parasympathetic mode and establish equilibrium.
A body that remains in fight-or-flight state over a prolonged period can develop serious health issues, as well as challenging behavioral problems.
Signs of stress in children
- Difficulty getting to sleep
- Tired all the time
- Dizziness and blurred vision
- Anxiety and irritability
- These feelings and symptoms can become amplified if people around children, such as parents, peers or teachers are exhibiting stress.
Children can become entangled in the energy fields of others' emotions and feelings, which can influence how they feel!
Here are some tips and tools to help children manage stress
- Planning and time management; create a timetable with lots of breaks to balance out the concentration process. Make this fun by drawing pictures and using vibrant colors
- Help your children study in a group if possible, as this is very supportive
- Be sure they are getting as much sleep as possible (definitely 8 hours), as this is restorative and energizing
- Feed them healthy, fresh food to optimize brain function and supplement especially with omega-3 fatty acids
- Help them connect with natural beauty, like a walk in the park, on the beach, in the woods (this is my favorite - they get a massive Qi boost from nature and great exercise)
- Use aromatherapy essential oils in a burner or simply have them inhale from the bottle. I recommend rosemary for clarity, frankincense for calm and jasmine for nurturing. There are many others; use what best resonates with your children. The molecules in essential oils act on the limbic system to calm and sooth emotions.
- Our Emotional Stress Relief (ESR) Infoceutical, combined with Sleep or Chill Infoceutical can help promote calmness, clarity and relaxation.
- Our non-sedative homeopathic remedy Sedalia can help relieve nervousness, irritability, hypersensitivity, and fatigue due to everyday stress, and related minor digestive problems
- Meditation recordings that guide through chakra balancing. You can also use the miHealth device to balance your children's chakras.
- Positive Affirmation Technique by saying aloud positive affirmations that relate to their specific fears or anxiety in that situation.
I am feeling really excited about this exam
I am completely confident about this subject
I love this subject
I am happy to be in this situation
I know this
- Listen to beautiful music like our NES imprinted music which is designed to induce relaxation, focus, love, and improve the body-field's overall coherence.
- Our targeted stress-reducing therapies can bring relief at an even deeper level
- miHealth therapy, a non-invasive biofeedback device that employs several unique technologies — such as, pulsed electromagnetic field (PEMF) therapy, global scaling frequencies (based on natural oscillations inside the body-field), and healthy mind-body patterns encoded onto the carrier wave that help with clearing blockages, releasing trigger points, reducing stress in muscles, nerves, organs and other areas of the body, and restore mental clarity, inner peace, trust, energy, and sleep.
- PEMF therapy, a cutting-edge, bioenergetic experience that brings relief from many acute and chronic issues including stress, anxiety, depression and can help improve the immune system by using bursts of a low frequency pulsed electromagnetic field that will pass painlessly and quickly through the skin and penetrate deep into tissues, muscles, bones, tendons, and even organs to recharge the cell's energy and encourage its natural repair mechanisms.
- Vibroacoustic therapy (VAT), a life changing, mind-blowing, 3-dimensional, full body sound experience that assists with relief from stress, anxiety, depression, PTSD, autism and learning difficulties, and so much more by stimulating the body's natural relaxation response at a deep cellular level with precisely choreographed music and healing frequencies via its integrated sound system.
When children experience health issues over a prolonged period of time, we recommend our revolutionary body-field scan to gain deeper insight into their holographic self and potential bioenergetic root causes that may trigger these conditions.
At school and home, in a safe and secure environment, children can learn and experience the ways of adult responsibilities and develop strong work and social ethics. We can support our children to be the best that they can be and know that there is far more to the rich tapestry of life and living than the results that are scored in tests.
Let’s teach and educate our children stress management skills and show them how to be responsible for their health and well-being.
Ready to find out what's impacting your energy levels by using our bioenergetic scanning technology. Check out your body’s energy with a Body-Field scan, and gain deeper insight into your holographic self with our certified Bioenergetic Practitioner. For an In-Clinic visit click here, or, for a Telehealth (remote) session click here.
We offer a completely new, alternative and bioenergetic health care approach based on 21st century science, technology and quantum physics with personalized, holistic therapy solutions such as, NES body-field scan & therapy, miHealth biofeedback, PEMF, Rife and Vibroacoustic (VAT) healing modalities that can restore optimal health and well-being throughout the body, mind and spirit in the most natural way. Let us help you restore your health and energy!