BIOENERGETIC COOKING WITH KIMBERLY KNOX
We are in early summer and it is about “building” on any new bold initiatives we’ve made, and communicating them so we make the connections and receive the feedback we need to get things moving.
As mentioned last month, according to Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), late spring/early summer energetically relates to the liver / gallbladder, making it an excellent opportunity to give them extra nutritional attention. The flavor for this time of the year is “sour” – grapefruit, organic granny smith apples, mandarin oranges, organic lemons and limes, sour star fruit, apple cider vinegar, and sauerkraut are all great choices. Herbs and spices that are supportive of the wood element are garlic, basil, fennel, cardamom, dill, parsley, peppermint, and jasmine tea, along with dandelion and licorice root teas.
This recipe for moringa pesto is a favorite! It is often used as a stuffing for organic chicken or mixed on zucchini noodles. It is bursting with antioxidants, plant protein, calcium, iron, vitamin K, vitamin C, magnesium, and fiber. We remain vegan and non-inflammatory by omitting the Parmesan cheese and using instead some nutritional yeast.
(Gluten free, paleo, vegan)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
- 4 Cups of Fresh Basil Leaves
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 3 T organic Moringa Powder
- ½ Cup Cold Pressed Extra Virgin Olive Oil (I like the quality of California Olive Ranch brand)
- ¼ Cup organic raw pine nuts
- 3-4 T of Lemon Juice (or the juice of 1 Lemon)
- 2-3 T of Nutritional Yeast
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. Scrape the sides with a small spatula as needed to make sure all the ingredients are well-blended together.
- You can store in the refrigerator for 5-7 days or freeze for later.
Use to stuff pounded chicken breast, enjoy on plant-based gluten-free pasta (like black bean or edamame spaghetti), serve on avocado toast, mix with zucchini noodles (no heating required the pesto will naturally soften the noodles), turn into a pesto dressing for salad by adding more oil and lemon juice.
Your Juneva Health Team
Ready to find out what's impacting your energy levels by using our bioenergetic scanning technology. Check out your body’s energy with a Body-Field scan, and gain deeper insight into your holographic self with our certified Bioenergetic Practitioner. For an In-Clinic visit click here, or, for a Telehealth (remote) session click here.