BIOENERGETIC COOKING WITH KIMBERLY KNOX
We nurture our heart center by feeding our passions and doing what gives us joy!
Love and relationships play a huge role in the energetic dynamics of the heart. Strong loving balanced relationships will strengthen the heart while conflict, drama, blame and uncertainty will diminish heart strength. The heart has a special place as the "king" over all the other organs. The liver is the "mother" to the heart so with constant stress, anger or toxic overload the liver cannot offer energetic support or balance.
This month let’s all work to give grace and gratitude to our closest partnerships and find ways to express kindness and love in all that we do. Start your own wave of energetic appreciation, eat clean organic food and love on the ones most important to you -- that is good news for Heart Health.
This creamy, frozen dessert, Kimberly is featuring, is a true favorite and will make the perfect dessert for a party, your family, or romantic after-dinner treat for you and your honey! Enjoy each bite without the guilt and sugar crash.
Dreamy Strawberry Shortcake
(Gluten free, paleo, vegan)
Prep Time: 20 minutes
- ½ Cup Raw Almonds
- ½ Cup Raw Cashews
- ¼ Cup Super Fine Ground Almond Flour (Bob’s Red Mill)
- 5 Organic Medjool Dates, Pitted
- 2 Tbsp Virgin Coconut Oil (Nutiva Brand is excellent for Culinary use)
- ¼ Teasp Nutmeg
- Pinch Sea Salt
- 2 Cup Raw Cashews (Soaked in filtered water for at least 4 hours or overnight)
- 2/3 Cup of Coconut Cream (Canned Original full fat Coconut open and scoop off the cream)
- 4 Tbsp. Coconut Oil melted
- ¼ Cup Pure Maple Syrup (Grade A dark or Grade B for better flavor and Nutrients)
- Juice of one small lemon – approx. 2 Tbsp.
- 2 Teasp. pure Vanilla Extract
- 3 Cup Strawberries
- 2 Cup trimmed and halved (organic only)
- 1 Cup to add in and garnish with
- Place in the freezer to chill
- Grease an 8" Square Pan or 8" spring form pan with coconut oil and set to the side.
- In a standard food processor, add the Raw Cashews, Raw Almonds, and pulse blend to break down. Add the Almond Flour, Dates, Coconut Oil, Nutmeg and salt. Blend on high to make a sticky dough. Press the sweet dough into your chosen pan. (Note: for mini desserts use a 4" spring form pan. This will make (4) 4" mini pans so cut the recipe in half if it is for intimate 2 person dinner.)
- Place in the freezer to chill.
- In a high speed blender (Vitamix or Nutri Bullet RX work great), combine the soaked Cashews, the coconut Cream, Coconut Oil, Maple Syrup, Lemon Juice and Vanilla Extract. Blend for 2 minutes until smooth and silky. Scrape the sides if necessary, to make sure all the pieces have been combined.
- Add the strawberries and blend until a bright delicious pink/red.
- Pour the silky-smooth filling into the prepared pans and toss with ½ cup more of fresh cut strawberries – save more to garnish.
- Freeze for at least 3 hours. Let them thaw a bit at room temperature and cut with a thin warm knife. Garnish with cut berries and some dark chocolate.
- Leftovers store in the freezer. Thaw in the refrigerator and makes a creamy breakfast treat with all the coconut cream!
Your Juneva Health Team
For more recipes, head over to inthekitchenwithkk.com.