The following outlines the prerequisites and steps to participate in a Telehealth (remote) session with your practitioner. Feel free to contact us with any of your questions via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us at 1-855-688-3760 and select option 3.
IMPORTANT! For participating in your first Telehealth (remote) session you need to keep in mind when you book your appointment to allow enough time prior to your scheduled appointment for (a) the NES Scanner device to arrive via shipping carrier; and (b) for you to complete the necessary prerequisite installations and configurations as outlined in this document. Depending on your location you should allow for at least 7-10 business days for the NES Scanner device to arrive.
Prerequisite for your Telehealth (remote) session
To participate in a Telehealth (remote) session, you will need:
- A NES Scanner or NES miHealth device and included USB cable.
- A computer running a Windows (7 or higher) or Macintosh (10.9 or higher) operating system. To have an effective screen sharing experience a screen size of 19 inch or bigger is required.
- One free USB port
- 4 GB RAM (recommended)
- 5 GB free hard disk space (recommended)
- Broadband Internet connectivity (i.e., T1, cable modem, ISDN or DSL).
- Modern web browser (preferably Chrome, Firefox) for Windows or Macintosh operating system.
- A computer microphone and speakers or headset, and a video/webcam device to have an effective experience. As an alternative you can use a telephone/mobile phone to participate via audio only, but keep in mind that you may incur potential voice service carrier charges.
- Sufficient electronic data storage on your computer to install the BioSync and the join.me (optional, but recommended) software application.
- An established email account and address and the ability to access attachments to emails.
- A software program that gives you the ability to access and read documents in the Portable Document Format (PDF) format.
Setting up your NES Scanner or NES miHealth device
To setup your NES Scanner or NES miHealth device and the BioSync software follow these steps. To watch a short overview video click here.
- Please click one of the following links depending on your computer's operating system to begin downloading the BioSync software onto your computer:
- After the download is complete double click on the downloaded file and step through the on-screen installation instructions.
- Once the BioSync software is installed on your computer, start the application, and while you are still connected to the Internet, use the supplied USB cable to connect the NES Scanner or NES miHealth device with an available USB port on your computer (we don’t recommend to use a USB hub). If you have a NES Scanner device, please proceed to step 5.
- If you have a NES miHealth device, turn it on and click "miHealth Updater" within the BioSync main screen. Next click "Check for Updates" and if new updates are found proceed to "Download". Do not unplug, touch or use the NES miHealth device during the software update procedure. Please follow the BioSync on-screen instructions to complete the process. The update process will take a few minutes. When done return to the BioSync main screen.
- When the BioSync software is ready to perform a scan, click "Remote Scan" on the main screen and login using your Total Wellness Portal login information (email and password) we provided to you at account registration via email. At this point you can test if the software recognizes your hand when you place it onto the NES Scanner or onto the electrodes on the back of the NES miHealth device, without actually starting the scan. DO NOT PERFORM A REMOTE SCAN UNLESS INSTRUCTED TO DO SO BY YOUR PRACTITIONER.
Note: The join.me web conferencing application may not run on older computers that do not support SSE2. Also, due to the variety of virtual desktop environments (VDI) there maybe VDI configurations that may not work with the software and configurations we require.
Attending your Telehealth (remote) session
- Make sure your internet connection is working and your computer microphone/speakers or headset, and video/webcam device are operational. For optimal performance, we recommend closing all other applications not needed for the Telehealth (remote) session.
- Connect your NES Scanner or NES miHealth device using the supplied USB cable with an available USB port on your computer (we don’t recommend to use a USB hub).
- Start the BioSync software and select “Remote Scan” and login using your Total Wellness Portal login information (email and password) we provided to you at account registration via email.
- When the BioSync software is ready to perform a scan, you can test if the software recognizes your hand when you place it onto the NES Scanner or onto the electrodes on the back of the NES miHealth device, without actually starting the scan. DO NOT PERFORM A REMOTE SCAN UNLESS YOU HAVE BEEN INSTRUCTED TO DO SO BY YOUR PRACTITIONER.
Wait for further instructions from your practitioner.
- For you to be connected with your practitioner via audio, video, and screen sharing, we utilize the third-party web conferencing services provided by join.me (https://www.join.me/)
- You have two options for using the third-party web conferencing services:
1. With a supported web browser (preferably Chrome) on your computer go to https://www.join.me/ then click “Join Meeting” and enter the code we provided to you, and then click “Join”. To watch a short overview video click here.
For a list of their supported web browsers and functionality see https://help.join.me/joinmehelp/s/article/joinme-c-joinme-systemrequirements?language=en_US. Note: Currently only the Chrome web browser provides an acceptable experience.
2. (Recommended) Download and install (one-time) the join.me application onto your computer following the instructions at https://www.join.me/apps. After you start the application you then enter the code we provided to you and click “green arrow” to join. To watch a short overview video click here.
- Once you have joined the web conference session, you can click on the “loudspeaker” icon in the menu area (top) of the application to select your preferred audio mode, either via computer (microphone & speaker, or headset), or via telephone (by calling one of the listed regional Dial-in number and entering the Conference ID when prompted).
Tip: Click "Audio settings" (after you click the "loudspeaker" icon) and choose your preferred computer audio and video/webcam devices. This can be helpful also in case your computer audio/video don’t seem to work and you want to make sure the correct audio/video devices are selected and turned on.
- You may hear some background music while you wait for your practitioner to join the session.